MCA & DoLS Workshops - May and June dates available
ARC England’s MCA and DoLS Awareness workshops are designed to support frontline staff to understand how the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards impact the people who have a learning disability and those supporting them within services.
Using discussion, debate and case studies, learners will:
- Have increased awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Discuss the five core principles of the Act
- Understand how the Act impacts people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Understand how the Safeguards impact on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Gain knowledge of recent developments
- Know where to access further sources of advice and support in relation to the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
“Great course, very enjoyable. I’ve learnt a lot and will be able to disseminate to staff.”
“Very enjoyable, worthwhile and informative; the day went very quickly and I was engaged throughout.”
Workshop Costs: £80 (ARC members) | £95 (Non-members)
The following dates and venues are available to book now:
Already an experienced trainer?
MCA and DoLS Train the Trainer, 7 June, Rugby
This popular one-day workshop, suitable for your existing competent trainers, will equip them to deliver high quality MCA and DoLS training to your staff. Through a series of activities, group discussions and comprehensive case studies, our highly knowledgeable trainer will take your staff through the MCA and DoLS materials whilst offering the additional information and advice needed to successfully deliver the course materials.
Costs: £260 (ARC Members) | £340 (Non-members)
(including training resource pack and USB)
Contact Sian.Anderson@arcuk.org.uk for more information.