Do you have a nursing background? If so, you may be interested in the FoNS Patients First Programme:
"Over the past seven years, 80 nurses-led teams and numerous patients and carers have experienced the benefit of Patients First. Supported by the Burdett Trust for Nursing, this annual programme has a proven track record of successful innovations and personal development. At a time when the quality of healthcare and nursing practice is under tremendous scrutiny, Patients First offers teams a fantastic opportunity to show how nurses, midwives and health visitors are leading innovation and championing a practice culture where care is the best it can be.
Over a period of 18 months, the Patients First Programme provides:
- A dedicated experienced Practice Development Facilitator offering direct support in the workplace and via telephone/email
- Six full day learning and development workshops that will bring together the nurse-led teams to explore and enable the development of effective strategies for changing practice and provide opportunities for networking and sharing
- Full access to the FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation
- Support with report writing, publishing and active dissemination
- A bursary of up to £5000
- Possible accreditation at Level 7, 30 credits, on completion of a reflective assignment through the Canterbury Christ Church University (successful applicants who are interested in this should contact FoNS for further information)"
Year 8 of the programme is now open to applications. Closing date: 5pm, 7th September 2016.
For more information, visit http://www.fons.org/programmes/patients-first.aspx