Research into use of mobile technology by people with learning disabilities

Dear carers, parents and other relatives of individuals with learning disabilities,
I am looking for people with LD to tell me about how they use (or don’t use!) mobile technology – can you help? I am a researcher at University College London (UCL) looking at:

• how smartphones, tablets etc. can help people with LD
  • some of the problems that arise in using them
  • how they can be made easier

It would be great if I can talk to people with LD, together with their parents/relatives or carers about this – either at a Day Centre, college or other place they attend, at UCL or even in your house. Part of the project is to make an ‘electronic archive’ of people’s experiences – written (or dictated) by them, with each contributor having their own page (password protected). I can send a project flier if you like, to explain more. There is also some information here:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/digital-lives/home.html
If you cannot help, I would still be grateful if you could share this with anyone else who may be interested in taking part.
Thank you in advance.
Yours Sincerely,
Pete Williams
peter.williams@ucl.ac.uk
Department of Information Studies, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT.
[Important ‘small print’: I hold an enhanced DBS certificate, and the study has been approved by UCL’s ethics committee. I have also undertaken much work with people with learning disabilities before and have published widely in the field.]