Abundance music festival 15-17 july 2016

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year to you all,

Please share this information with your friends.

New Forest Spectrum 2016 now rebranded ABUNDANCE MUSIC FESTIVAL will be happening from 15th to 17th July at Foxlease activity centre set in 65 acres of woodland. So please put these dates in your diary now.

The name ABUNDANCE was chosen to reflect Burning Man Music Festival in The Nevada Desert where a selfless gifting culture is promoted read about it here:

Friday 15 th July is exclusively for people with learning disabilities and their carers and the weekend (Saturday and Sunday 16-17th July) will be inclusively open to the public so you can invite all your friends to come and join you. If you have a learning disability your ticket will include a free carers ticket, which is transferable across the three days should you need more than one carer to cover your time there. There will be a sensory tent and toilets and shower with a hoist, a first aid centre and fire trained security guards to keep you safe. If you have a severe learning difficulty that requires two carers we are happy to offer you two free carer tickets on a case by case basis.

Tickets will be on sale in March and will cost £80 for all three days including camping if you have a learning disability or £80 for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) if you are a member of the public. Day tickets will be available for £45 however we would prefer that you come for a three day camping holiday in the beautiful New Forest and enjoy the whole festival experience, dancing, camping, meeting new friends, getting involved with work shops and activities, making music, singing and having a lot of fun. You are of course free to come and go from the festival site during the weekend should you feel like exploring The New Forest during your stay.

There is limited hotel type and dorm room group accommodation on the festival site at very reasonable prices for those who do not want to camp and that is available to be booked on a first come first served basis right now by contacting Foxlease here:

Email: foxlease@girlguiding.org.uk

Phone: 02380282638

Make sure that you mention you are booking accommodation for the music festival.

I am starting a new job at Scope Day Center in Brighton as a support worker and me and my new group of learning disability friends will be putting together an amazing line up of entertainment for your enjoyment very similar to last years offering. Chosen by people with learning disabilities for people with learning disabilities.

ABUNDANCE MUSIC FESTIVAL is being set up as a community interest company to benefit the learning disability community and is not for profit. We will be using solar power and some compost toilet facilities. There will also be showering facilities, food vendors and a licensed bar. Foxlease will be offering a range of activities for a small extra cost across the weekend. If you are in a learning disability act or band and want to get involved please message me through this site.

Please share this post to all your friends and help me get the word out…

The official press release will be going out very soon through Mencap and to the newspapers.

And ticketing and line up coming to this web site in March.

I look forward to hosting you all in July.

Regards,

Hal X

1 Like

Who’s playing at the festival?