Yellow Submarine is an award winning charity, supporting people with additional needs and their families. Search ‘Yellow Submarine Charity’ online to learn more.
Our organisation is growing and we have an opportunity for a new team member to join us in an entry level management role. If you want to make a difference and see first-hand your impact, this is the job for you.This role will include being responsible for the welfare of groups of vulnerable young people and adults, managing sessional staff and volunteers.
This is a full time role, initially on a one year contract. We plan to invest a lot of time, training and energy into the successful candidates. Our expectation would be to offer a full time contract at the end of the year, subject to performance.
Within the year you would get the opportunity to work on a variety of our projects, including:
- Residential holidays
- Young peoples’s social clubs
- Delivering enterprise and work based training
- Young people’s holiday programme
- Project administration and charity management
During the year, you will receive training as appropriate and be expected to:
- Respond to safeguarding concerns appropriately
- Work countywide, with responsibility for one region
- Manage and ensure the safety of groups of up to 25 young people
- Drive a minibus on day trips and residential holidays
- Design and deliver sessions
- Liaise with parents, carers and professionals
- Budget and organise trips and holidays
- Maintain accurate records
- Deliver personal care; administer medication; respond to first aid needs – as necessary
- Uphold our ‘Equal Opportunities’ policy
Find a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
But don’t just take our word for it, here’s what a former Activity Manager had to say about the role…
“Anybody lucky enough to take this role will join an incredibly supportive team, and will have the opportunity to lead an almost infinite variety of activities. You will certainly never be bored. The sky is the limit; conducting colourful and explosive science experiments, bobbing for marshmallows in a bowl of chocolate sauce, and making slingshots for a giant game of Angry Birds. One thing you can be sure of is that, wherever you let your imagination take you, the young people will follow you with seemingly inexhaustible reserves of enthusiasm and joy!”
Please contact Kate Sankey for more information - email@example.com.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age and we are committed to providing under-represented groups the help and support they need to apply to join us.