[Supporting People with a Learning Disability through
Loss and Bereavement]
2nd April, Harrogate
ARC Member £80 Non Member £95
Due to high demand for this type of training in the Harrogate area we have scheduled another course for early April.
Gain knowledge of practical solutions to support people who are grieving, or to pre-empt grief. This session is also suitable for those supporting people with Autism.
This one-day workshop will cover the following concepts and exercises:
- Terminology discussion
- Different losses in the lives of people with a learning disability
- Learning from personal experiences of loss
- Models of understanding the process of grief
- Complicated grief
- The importance of funerals
- Specific complications in grieving for people with a learning disability
- Practical solutions to support people through grief
Further information on this course can be found here
Can’t make the date? Let us know you’re interested, or ask about our in-house provision!
Details of other courses which may be of interest can be found here
T: 01246 555043 E: email@example.com
Copyright © 2019 The Association for Real Change Ltd, All rights reserved. This publication is sent to you by ARC England, part of ARC which is a national charity with offices also in Scotland and Northern Ireland.