Last chance to book! Mock Grievance Events - in collaboration with Flint Bishop Solicitors - don’t miss out on your places!
Following the enormous success of ARC’s Mock Employment Tribunals held in partnership with Flint Bishop Solicitors last year, we are now excited to collaborate once again to bring you further insight into legal employment processes by hosting Mock Grievance sessions.
Grievances are something that employers of all shapes and sizes have to deal with. But how often do we look at how we actually deal with grievances and how we manage a grievance procedure? How we deal with a grievance can have a profound effect on our workforce and the risk to the organisation if it is not dealt with well.
These events will be facilitated by Robert Tice. Rob is a Partner at regional law firm Flint Bishop and has been an employment lawyer for over 20 years.
The first of these practical sessions was held in Harrogate yesterday and was met with fantastic feedback:
- “Really enjoyed the course. Length of course was perfect!”
- “Rob’s knowledge and expertise put a real-life perspective on the topic area.”
- “I really enjoyed the session - the delivery of the session is very professional and of good quality.”
There are two further sessions scheduled as follows. Please choose a venue and book your place using the links below:
19th September 2017 - Ockment Centre, North Street, Okehampton, EX20 1AR
10am - 1pm (arrival from 9:30am) *please note that this date has changed
12th October 2017 - Bedford Chambers, 7 Bedford Row, London, WC1R
1:45pm - 4:30pm (arrival from 1:15pm)
Costs: ARC members £20 | Non-members £30
This event is ideal for any staff who have line-management responsibilities and will give those attending an opportunity to see how a grievance should be done (and what shouldn’t be done!) and to ask questions. The subject of the grievance is a conflict in the workplace involving bullying and sexual harassment. The principles we will look at in the mock grievance are applicable to all grievances. The structure of the morning will be as follows:
- An overview of the law about grievances.
- The risks employers face if they don’t deal with grievances well.
- Presentation of a Mock Grievance.
- An overview of how to deal with grievances properly.
- A Toolkit on grievances including an up to date grievance procedure.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01246 555 043.