Did you know that the mismanagement of medication is one of the main reasons for adult social care providers being reinspected by the CQC?
This one-day workshop will train your trainer to deliver ARC’s Supporting Medication workshop to your staff, in turn helping protect the people you support. Through group work, activities and discussions, our experienced trainer will work through the course materials supplied in the Training Manual, giving additional information and advice about knowledge needed about the use of medication in social care settings to successfully deliver the course.
The course also meets the Knowledge Learning Outcomes of the QCF unit HSC 3047 ‘Support use of medication in social care settings’.
Our knowledgeable Trainer will cover the following:
- The legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings.
- Roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings.
- The common types of medication and their use.
- Techniques for administering medication.
- The process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely.
- How to promote the rights of the individual and support the use of medication.
- How to record and report on use of medication.
We are currently taking bookings on the following workshop:
- 15 July 2016 - Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Costs: £130 (ARC Members) | £149 (Non-members)
Spaces are limited to book now to avoid disappointment!