T R A I N I N G
LEARNING DISABILITY & BENEFITS
Date: 10th December 2019 Time: 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Fee: £60.00 Course code: LD.003
Venue: Hatters Space Upper Abbey St, Nuneaton CV11 5DN
Why attend this course?
All you need to know - in one place - if you work with learning disabilities!
This course covers the following:
- The main adult benefits being claimed – or could be claimed (including what happens at the ‘transition’ point of the age of sixteen);
- It outlines the benefit for personal care: PIP and the benefits relating to capacity for work – ESA and Universal Credit, plus the other benefits in between, such as Income Support, Housing Benefit;
- We explain why there are so many different benefits for apparently similar claimants – a feature of working with learning disability;
- The course also covers the benefits claimed by carers ;
- We reveal ‘hidden’ benefits that both your clients and their carers could be claiming, such as disability reductions and discounts;
- The course also outlines the position when going into Residential School, or into hospital/Care Home.
An excellent introduction for those new to the field - or as a refresher: your client’s circumstances may not be changing but the benefit system is!
With this course you get :
a comprehensive training pack; training provided by an experienced practitioner; an opportunity to network with similar frontline workers; the chance to get an answer to that burning question; follow-up queries answered by email, and chocolate biscuits.
Comments on recently attended B.O.A.T. training:
“Very well presented + easy to understand” Learning Disability Support worker, Bham
“excellent presenter, extremely engaging”
How to Book
Book online https://www.benefitboat.com/booking-form/
On receipt of the booking form we will send you confirmation and fuller details.
BENEFIT OPTIONS, ADVICE & TRAINING