Communicate with Me

Communicate with Me was written in response to a need to improve how the services for people with learning disabilities communicate with, and involve, the people they support. It was written as a resource to support work practice and a quality assurance tool to support services to integrate these practices into service culture. Communication is integral to delivering a quality service for people with a learning disability and effective communication enhances the quality of that support.
Communicate with Me is a resource that provides guidance to anyone who supports someone with a learning disability, whether they are a paid practitioner (employed by a service or directly by an individual), a family member, an advocate or another member of that person’s community.
Communicate with Me is a learning resource designed to further the abilities of all communication partners to both communicate more effectively with people with a learning disability and to support people in a way which enables them to become more involved in their own lives.
Communicate with Me is designed to support the whole service to consider and develop both how it communicates with, and involves, people with a learning disability in a way which enables change to become embedded in the culture and shared values of that service.

The above is an extract from the book ‘Communicate with Me – A Resource to Enable Effective Communication and Involvement of People with a Learning Disability’.

You can purchase 'Communicate with Me A Resource to Enable Effective Communication and Involvement of People with a Learning Disability’ book with companion online resource and quality assurance frameworks from Speechmark www.speechmark.net , Amazon and all good book retailers.

You can also join the:

•Communicate with Me Communication Partner Development Scheme
•Communicate with Me Internal Quality Assurance Scheme

visit www.communicatewithme.com

Main text cited from:

© Martin Goodwin, Jennie Miller, Cath Edwards (2015) abridged section from ‘Communicate with Me – A Resource to Enable Effective Communication and Involvement of People with a Learning Disability. Speechmark Publishing