Death Cafe for people with learning Disabilities in Bristol

Death Café

for People with learning disabilities in Bristol!

Do you have questions about death and bereavement?
Would you like to talk about these questions over tea and cake?

If the answer to these questions is yes and you have a learning disability we are running a Death Café just for you!!

A Death Café is a place where people come together to eat cake, drink tea and talk about death. It is not a support group, but a safe space to chat and share ideas.

We are holding our Death Café for people with learning disabilities on Wednesday 15th February 2017 at Hamilton House, Stokes Croft, Bristol from 3 – 5pm.

To book one of the 10 spaces available at the Café and to get more information please contact Victoria via email mhvam@bristol.ac.uk by Friday 10th February 2017

3 Likes

Hello

This is just to say how pleased I am that you are making this effort. I am not myself disabled but before I retired worked for many years with ‘vulnerable adults’ and something like this I believe would have been extremely helpful. - I think, by the way, that plenty of ‘normal’ people could do with this kind of support.

Best wishes, Dave Wieberg, Matlock

1 Like

I think that’s such an important and brave idea - and I agree, it could be valuable for any number of people, with or without recognised disabilities. Well done! Does anyone know if there are any other Death Cafes around, particularly in the South East?
Thanks
Alix Lewer

1 Like