Learn about how depression and low mood may present in someone who is not able to tell us verbally how they feel, and how to offer support.
The hour course will be held on Zoom on Thursday 29th September 2022, 10.30am – 11.30am UK time and you will be sent an access code to download the information slides and watch the recording afterwards.
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the care, support or education of children or adults with severe or profound intellectual disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and autism, dementia or brain injury and who use ways other than words to communicate.
In the course we will explore:
• What is depression and low mood
• Risk factors
• Signs and symptoms
• When to seek help
• Approaches and strategies for support
You will take away tools and strategies that:
• Can be used in home, education and adult services and settings
• Can be used to support children and adults
• Do not require cognitive and language skills and abilities
• Do not require any specialist equipment
You will get:
• A live 60 minute course held on Zoom
• Access to a recording of the course
• Opportunity for discussion and questions throughout the course and from 11.30am -12pm
• Research evidence and theory, and tips for how you can best support those you love and care for
• Downloadable information, links and references and a certificate of attendance