Easy Read reviewing

I’m looking for a group of volunteers to review some Easy Read information I am producing. Would anyone be willing to review it for or does anyone have any suggestions of people to contact who could? Thanks.

Your local People First group, if they still are in business, are a good place to start. If none locally try googling to find one. Be prepared to pay for this service, it’s one of the ways the group can make money to survive.

1 Like

The Building Bridges Research Group would look at this, we are meeting am of Wed 6th Dec

Hi, I’m not sure what area of the UK you are in but there are some great People First groups here in Wales that can work with you in reviewing your easy read information. I’d be happy to put you in touch with some. As Joyce has already said it’s important to pay for their services.

If your budget doesn’t allow that then you can download "Check It!"our free easy read evaluation toolkit - it’s designed for people with a learning disability so they can check the quality of different types of easy read information. You can download it for free here. The toolkit is part of Clear and Easy, a guide to producing accessible information.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at Easy Read Wales and ask to speak to Kai, Laura or Karen and we’ll see if we can help : )