The clock is ticking… secure your workshop place today!
Supporting Medication: Train the Trainer; Plymouth 8 March
Promote competency and consistency with medication management within your services with ARC’s Supporting Medication Training.
ARC’s Supporting Medication Train the Trainer one-day course is aimed at people who are already competent trainers that would like to deliver our ‘Supporting Medication’ course to their staff to promote competency and consistency with medication management.
Through group work, activities and discussions, our experienced trainer will work through the course materials supplied in the Training Manual, giving additional information and advice about the knowledge needed to successfully deliver the medication training materials. On completion of the course, attendees will be equipped to deliver the Supporting Medication course to your staff in-house.
The course is written in line with the Knowledge Learning Outcomes of the QCF unit HSC 3047 ‘Support use of medication in social care settings’.
This workshop will cover the following:
- The legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings.
- Roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings.
- The common types of medication and their use.
- Techniques for administering medication.
- The process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely.
- How to promote the rights of the individual and support the use of medication.
- How to record and report on use of medication.
Costs: £150* (ARC Members) | £190* (Non Members)
*Including resource pack, retailing at £52.50 (ARC Members) | £75 (Non Members)
Feedback from previous workshops:
“The training was well presented and the group work was very helpful.”
“The information to take away will be really useful … it will enable me to support staff administering medicine.”
“The trainer really knew his stuff!”
To find out more about this workshop or if you wish to hold a Suporting Medication course in-house, please get in touch:
T: 01246 555043