Feedback needed!

Hi! I’m Charlotte - I am Trainee Clinical Psychologist on a Clinical Psychology Doctorate course. I am very passionate about exploring what may facilitate or hinder compassion in caregivers. I am currently putting together my research questions for my thesis to explore the factors that may facilitate compassion, or may make compassion harder to engage with, in order to generate ideas and recommendations for professionals and support systems to support caregivers more effectively. My study aims to generate these recommendations to increase the quality of life for caregivers, as well as the individuals that they care for.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss my interview questions with caregivers in order to shape the study, so the results and recommendations can be as useful as possible for caregivers in the future.

Please do let me know if you want any more information, or if you are happy to discuss my interview questions with me - this can be over any means of your preference (email, telephone, or ‘Zoom’) and will be a really quick informal chat - and all of the feedback and any information that you give me will be completely confidential and anonymous. Please do let me know and I can provide you with my email address to get in touch! I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and hopefully I will hear from some of you soon! Thank you again.

Best wishes,
Charlotte

1 Like

I work to encourage the use of internet communication as a way to expand relationships between people with Intellectual and other disabilities. Isolation is a major problem in the service system. There has also been a false assumption that people lack the skills needed to use technology. There has been a 20 years delay in terms of inclusion in the realm of technology and it is a major area of opportunity for all of us. Many people are creating safe free and fun places that welcome people with Intellectual DIsability and we are working to create collaboration between similar efforts around the world.

Thanks,
Don OCallaghan
https://www.advocacyco.com

Interesting topic
Please send your email address

Ps a 'really quick informal chat ’ is basically impossible though!

Hi Charlotte
It would be really interesting to talk to you and also our experience of psychology imput… I would like to know more about how you think you can help us!
Regards Brenda

Hi Charlotte

I am a former carer of my daughter who had learning disabilities, physical disabilities, a sensory disability and autism, I shared care with my wife until her death in September 2020 and I am now a former carer due to the death of my daughter at 54 in October 2022.

She lived with us until her death.

If you feel I can be of help please advise.

If you wish to contact direct my email is 61chris.sterry@gmail.com

Hi,

My email address is c.n.barber-2021@hull.ac.uk, please get in touch it would be great to discuss with you! Thank you so much for your interest. I am looking forward to talking to you.

Charlotte

Hi Brenda,

I completely understand and the more information that I can gather the better to make the research as beneficial as possible - so do not worry at all, I can imagine that you have a lot to tell me about your experiences and the ways that psychology input can be much better! My email address is c.n.barber-2021@hull.ac.uk, please get in touch it would be great to discuss with you! Thank you so much for your interest. I am looking forward to talking to you.

Charlotte

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for the information - this is really helpful to include in my research. It is great to hear that safe free and fun places are more recently being created to decrease isolation and increase peoples quality of life! Thank you again.

Best wishes
Charlotte

Do you still need a help?

Hi Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I would definitely really value any help from you! Your input would be greatly appreciated, what would be the best way for me to contact you? Thank you so much in advance, and thank you for your interest in my research!

Thank you,
Charlotte