Fully-funded shared lives arrangements for victims and survivors of domestic abuse in Covid-19

Hi, I’m Ali, I work for Shared Lives Plus as Development Officer for domestic abuse and modern slavery.

I want to let you know about an opportunity that is available for disabled and non-disabled people, as well as people with a wide range of other support needs.

Until the end of September, we can provide emergency/short-term Shared Lives arrangements to men and women in England who have been affected by domestic abuse.

This could give someone the opportunity to move out, away from the person who is abusing them, give someone a well-needed break or time to think about their options. It might suit people who have been sofa surfing with friends following domestic abuse or those waiting for housing. Whatever the circumstance, Shared Lives can provide safe accommodation with hosts and carers who can support with daily living needs and care.

In Shared Lives someone who has support needs moves in to the home of an approved carer/host, together they share family life and get the support they need from someone they trust.

We know that Covid-19 has made life even harder for people experiencing domestic abuse, and we know that disabled people and people with support needs experience more domestic abuse than others.

If you or someone you support could benefit from this, please contact me, Ali Miller at alison@sharedivesplus.org.uk . Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like more info.

Thanks