Growing Older, Planning Ahead: Research study about planning for the future for people with learning disabilities and their families

Hello

I’m Becky and I’m a researcher at Kingston and St George’s University of London working with Prof Irene Tuffrey-Wijne.

We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study. We are working with people with learning disabilities and their families to design resources to help with planning for the future. The first step in this project is interviews and focus groups with people with learning disabilities and their families. We would like to speak with people about their experiences, hopes and concerns about living at home and planning for the future. You can take part if you are:

• A person with a learning disability, who is over 40 years old, and currently lives at home with your mum or dad
  • A parent of a person with a learning disability who is over 40 and currently lives at home with you
  • A sibling of a person with a learning disability who is over 40 and currently lives at home with parent(s)
  • A sibling of a person with a learning disability who is over 40 and left their parents’ home in the last 3 years

You can watch a video which explains the study here, there is one for people with learning disabilities and one for parents and siblings:

“Growing Older, Planning Ahead” study: Information for people with learning disabilities - YouTube

The “Growing Older, Planning Ahead” study: information for families interested in taking part - YouTube

If you would like some more information about the study, you can either call/text me on 07942265707 or email me at r.anderson@sgul.kingston.ac.uk.

Thank you!

Becky

​Dear Becky,

Thank you for your e mail all sounds very interesting but I work in 11 - 19 school.

Oona