Have your say on proposals to introduce mandatory learning disability and autism training for health and care staff.
This consultation closes at
11:59pm on 12 April 2019
The government wants to know how we can make sure that health and social care staff have the right training to understand the needs of people with a learning disability and autistic people, and make reasonable adjustments to support them.
The consultation considers issues around the training and development staff need to better support people with a learning disability or autistic people.
We want to know what people think about our proposals on:
- the planned content of the training
- how the training should be delivered
- how to involve people with a learning disability or autistic people in training
- how we can mandate, monitor and evaluate the impact of training
The consultation will be of particular interest to:
- people with a learning disability or autistic people
- the families and carers of people with a learning disability or autistic people
- patient groups
- providers of health and social care services
To find out more and to respond, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/learning-disability-and-autism-training-for-health-and-care-staff