Paid Vacancy - Companion Support Workers London

Are you interested in a career that will truly make a difference to a young man’s life?

We are recruiting Support Workers to support a young man in Wandsworth.
Full, part time and bank opportunities available.

Who will you be supporting?

A very friendly and kind young man, who has Autism and who wants to make the most of opportunities, activities and skills presented to him to become as independent as possible. He is currently learning catering skills and enjoys cooking healthy meals.

Here’s what he says is important for you to know about him:

My name is B and I like to keep fit. I love football, especially my team. I enjoy gardening. I like going for long, brisk walks. I like travelling to places on public transport. I like board games and playing table tennis. I live near my family and love spending time with them.

My autism is very rare and I’m very bright. People say it’s rare because I worry about what other people think and this can be unusual in autistic people. People also say that I’m kind and thoughtful.

I want my companions to:

• Be good listeners because I need to talk about things that are worrying me
  • Enjoy walking with me
  • Be positive, fun and enjoy spending time with me

What will the role involve?

You will be supporting him in all aspects of his life. This will be the first time he is living in his own home as a tenant and so your role will be key in enabling him to develop independent living skills. While he will be your priority, you will also be willing to work in partnership with his family and other professionals as part of a network of support to meet his complex needs.

If you are interested in enriching the life of this young man, please take a look at the further information.

Click here for more information