Parent and child participants required for research study.

Parent and child participants required for research study.

Project Title: Exploring the properties of the Accessible AQ in children.

Dear all,

I am currently recruiting participants to take part in my final year dissertation research project. I am investigating the properties of an accessible version of an autism screening tool (the Autism Quotient) when used with children.

The study has received ethical approval from Northumbria University (Ref:44763) and all data will be kept secure and anonymous.

We are looking for participants that:

• • are aged 18 years or over;
  • • are able to give informed consent;
  • • have a child aged between 6 and 17;
  • Your child does not have to have a diagnosis of autism to take part.

The study will involve:

• • Completing a few questions asking for demographic information about you and your child, such as age and gender.
  • • Completion of two questionnaires about your child. The first is a screening tool (the AQ) that measures autistic like traits, such as preferring set routines. These traits can be found among the general population to different degrees. The second is a screening tool for learning disability. These will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
  • • Your child will be asked to complete two short questionnaires that are ‘easy read’ versions of the AQ.

If you have any further questions regarding the study, please contact sally.e.lamb@northumbria.ac.uk

To find out more information about the study and to take part, please go to: https://nupsych.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8zYLleeCRtFvKWG