Parent and child participants required for research study.
Project Title: Exploring the properties of the Accessible AQ in children.
I am currently recruiting participants to take part in my final year dissertation research project. I am investigating the properties of an accessible version of an autism screening tool (the Autism Quotient) when used with children.
The study has received ethical approval from Northumbria University (Ref:44763) and all data will be kept secure and anonymous.
We are looking for participants that:
- • are aged 18 years or over;
- • are able to give informed consent;
- • have a child aged between 6 and 17;
- • Your child does not have to have a diagnosis of autism to take part.
The study will involve:
- • Completing a few questions asking for demographic information about you and your child, such as age and gender.
- • Completion of two questionnaires about your child. The first is a screening tool (the AQ) that measures autistic like traits, such as preferring set routines. These traits can be found among the general population to different degrees. The second is a screening tool for learning disability. These will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- • Your child will be asked to complete two short questionnaires that are ‘easy read’ versions of the AQ.
If you have any further questions regarding the study, please contact email@example.com
To find out more information about the study and to take part, please go to: https://nupsych.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8zYLleeCRtFvKWG