Designed for support staff and managers, this one-day workshop will look at how we can better support adults with learning disabilities in the area of sexuality and relationships.
The Care Quality Commission have acknowledged that relationships and sexuality are an important part of everyone’s lives, and have recently published their guidance on how adult social care providers should consider their needs.
Workshop Learning Outcomes:
Through a range of discussion, case studies and activities, attendees will
learn and understand about:
- The policy framework
- How we learn about relationships
- How to support individuals in their personal relationships
- The effect that personal belief, culture and preferences have on personal relationships
- The conflicts that may occur in providing support with personal relationships
- Basic knowledge of human sexuality
- Basic knowledge of legal aspects and their impact on people with learning disabilities
- How attitudes and values affect our ability to support service users
Other requirements: delegates should bring a copy of their organisation’s policy on sexuality and personal relationships.
Costs: £80 (ARC Member) £95 (Non-member) *including a light buffet lunch
For more information about this, or any other workshops we offer, please get in touch:
Can’t make the date? Let us know you’re interested, or ask about our in-house provision!
Details of other courses which may be of interest can be found here
T: 01246 555043 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019 The Association for Real Change Ltd, All rights reserved. This publication is sent to you by ARC England, part of ARC which is a national charity with offices also in Scotland and Northern Ireland.