This workshop is for front line staff supporting people with learning disabilities. It will help them to understand the basic principles and practice of risk assessment. The workshop take a values led approach to positive risk management, underlining the importance of taking sensitively managed risk as a human rights issue and as a prime learning tool.
By the end of the workshop learners will:
- Know the importance of risk taking in everyday life for individuals with disabilities
- Understand the importance of positive, person-centred risk assessment
- Know how legislation and policies are relevant to positive risk taking
- Understand how to support individuals with disabilities in decisions about risk taking
- Understand how to support individuals with disabilities to manage identified risks
£80 (ARC Members)
For any further information or to discuss your need please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Can’t make the date? Let us know you’re interested, or ask about our in-house provision!
Details of other courses which may be of interest can be found here
T: 01246 555043 E: email@example.com
Copyright © 2019 The Association for Real Change Ltd, All rights reserved. This publication is sent to you by ARC England, part of ARC which is a national charity with offices also in Scotland and Northern Ireland.