Research project about crisis support

I am conducting research about caregivers’ views of accessing crisis support services to support children with learning disabilities as part of my Masters dissertation at the Tizard Centre, University of Kent. I am looking for parents or carers of children with learning disabilities in England who have accessed telephone crisis services (such as mental health crisis services, crisis advice services etc which are accessed via telephone) to support their child and would be interested in taking part in a 1 to 1 ½ hour online interview with myself. This project is being supervised by Dr Suzy Mejía-Buenaño and has been approved by Tizard Centre Ethics Comittee.

This research is key to understanding caregivers’ experiences of seeking support within crisis situations and what support is offered (both helpful and unhelpful). This research is important because this area has not been looked into and caregivers have rarely been given the opportunity to share their experiences in this area. Recruitment has been quite difficult and I wondered whether you might be able to share this poster across your social media platforms? Your support in ‘spreading the word’ would really help me reach more parents and carers, especially in the current context. I have attached a recruitment poster with some more information on.

If this is something you would be interested in sharing, please feel free to do so. I am also happy to answer any questions or provide further information, please get in touch with me you have any queries (lmm62@kent.ac.uk).

Many thanks,

Laura McAllister

Research poster.pdf (269.8 KB)