Social Networking Research Participants Needed!

NORTHUMBRIA UNIVERSITY, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

We are looking for participants to complete an online survey about social networking site use!

Research Title: Trust and risk associated with social networking sites

This study has received full ethical approval from the Northumbria University Health and Life Sciences Ethics Committee.

Our inclusion criteria for participants are:
• Any gender
• Aged 18 and above
• with a mild learning disability
• have access to and use social networking sites (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
• are able to read in English;
• and have the capacity to consent to participate i.e. are able to understand and remember the purpose of the study and what it will involve them doing

The project has received full ethical approval from the Northumbria University Health and Life Sciences Ethics Committee. If you would like further information, please contact me at the email address provided.

Many Thanks,
Kathryn Bosson

If you are interested in taking part, or know someone who might, please follow the link below:

https://nupsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eevwZZlQjkm8t2B

1 Like

Thanks for all your response so far, we are still looking for a few more participants!

All you need to do is fill in a quick questionnaire on your use of social networking sites :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Kathryn

Hi Kathryn, you may be interested in an Easy Read guide to social media that we produced last year - https://www.ldw.org.uk/easy-read-wales/our-recent-work/disability-wales-social-media-factsheets.aspx

I’ve also shared the survey on our Facebook page. Good luck with the research !

Kai, Learning Disability Wales

Hi Kai,

Thank you very much for your message. Just taking a look at the guide- a fantastic resource I could direct participants to should they require additional support on internet use. This is also something which I could refer to within my research, should results show (as predicted through my work with Barnardos,) that people with a LD are more risk-taking online.

Also a huge thank you for sharing the survey, much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Katy, th