Here is an important request from Stay Up Late & Gig Buddies:
Can you help us in our mission to get more people with learning disabilities connected during the lockdown?
We’re making sure that no-one is alone. We’ve adapted our fun and frolics in social venues to the online space so that we can carry on to connect people, enjoy friendships and inspire people with music and creativity. You might have come to one of our Facebook gigs and already? If not… check us out at CononavirusFest on Facebook.
We’ve launched this fundraiser because we’re concerned that 25 of our people are also without a connection to the internet. Without internet at a time like this is a very lonely place to be. Especially if you already know what it feels like to be socially isolated because you rely on a support worker to access the outside world.
That’s why we’re asking for your help to connect our 25 participants who aren’t connected to the internet (and want to be) to the internet via a smartphone.
Your support will bring a vital social lifeline to people who really need it right now. Your donation will go directly to getting people connected to the internet who are really isolated at the moment and have little contact with the outside world.
Whether you donate a lot or a little. It all helps.
Thank you so much for your support and keeping the vibe alive.
Instructions on how to get things going (it takes about 10 minutes to do):
- In your profile- create a ‘Fundraiser’ from the side column on your home page and follow the steps.
- You can choose to upload your favourite photo off our Facebook page or Website if you like.
- Set the Charity as Stay Up Late - its all set up and the money is processed by Paypal to automatically come through to us at the end of each month.
- Choose a target and length of campaign. Our overall target is £5000
- Add the text that we’ve written for you, please see below
- Invite your friends
- Go live with the fundraiser and see how quickly and easily you can make a difference
- Share on any other platforms for wider success
- THANK YOU! And please join any Mon/ Weds or Friday evenings us to celebrate over a beer at our online festival (Add link).
It should only take 10 minutes of your time to set up and could mean the world of difference to some of the people that we work with, especially at this challenging time.
Paul and the team at Stay Up Late