Supporting People with a Learning Disability through
Loss and Bereavement Workshop
13th May 2019 - 9.30am - 4.00pm
The Chaucer Centre, Morden, SM4 6PX
ARC Member £80 Non Member £95
The concepts of loss and bereavement and how they affect people with learning disabilities can be anxiety-provoking subjects for support staff.
There is good evidence that people with a learning disability are particularly vulnerable to its effects. We are therefore pleased to be offering a one-day course to give support staff and managers more confidence to identify grief and unresolved loss, and the opportunity to discuss practical solutions to support people who are grieving.
This one-day workshop will cover the following concepts and exercises:
- Terminology discussion
- Different losses in the lives of people with Learning Disabilities
- Learning from personal experiences of loss
- Models of understanding the process of grief
- Complicated grief
- The importance of funerals
- Specific complications in grieving for people with Learning Disabilities
- Practical solutions to support people through grief
For more information about this, or any other workshops we offer, please get in touch:
Can’t make the date? Let us know you’re interested, or ask about our in-house provision!
Details of other courses which may be of interest can be found here
T: 01246 555043 E: email@example.com