User involvement

Hi. As an organisation we have made a commitment to far greater involvement from people with learning disabilities, autism or both in everything we do. We are determined that this should include EVERYONE with a learning disability, autism or both. Does anyone have any experiences of including people with more significant disabilities and communication needs in user involvement work? It would be good to establish some good practice. Thanks.

Hi

There was a great project a few year ago called Involve Me:

PMLD - Involve Me | Mencap

Regards

Alison

|
PMLD - Involve Me | Mencap
Involve Me was a 3 year project about how to creatively involve people with profound and multiple disabilities (PMLD) in decision making. Involve Me aims to increase the involvement of people with PMLD in decision making and consultation.
www.mencap.org.uk
|

• | - |

Main Office

Parity for Disability
Supporting people with multiple disabilities
www.parityfordisability.org.uk
Parity for Disability is a recipient of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.

Main Office: 94 Whetstone Road, Cove, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9SX Tel: 01252 375581
Parity for Disability is a registered charity no. 1071571 and a company limited by guarantee no. 3584503.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Parity for Disability does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Thanks Alison - very much appreciated. Looks very useful.

Hi Rod

VoiceAbility in Cambridgeshire have a Speak Out Council for user involvement and a specific lead for people with PMLD.
[VoiceAbility | Speak Out Council (see information about Russell at the bottom of the page)

amanda